Fuji X-S1 extremely disapointing

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
jacqui2 Regular Member • Posts: 322
Re: Fuji X-S1 extremely disapointing

I agree with Doug, I have had my XS1 about 3/4 weeks now and its a great camera. The build/handling etc is superb, and the evf a dream to use. But because of some things I had read I was expecting maybe to compromise a bit on image quality, but as it turns out, not at all, Ive been really pleased by some of the photos it has produced. Also in low light, in the woodland at our local nature reserve, I was getting photos of birds etc. that were much better than I expected. I don't have much of a problem with overexposure, although I do tend to use these cameras mainly at -1/3 ev, and there is always spot metering. All in all I think this is my favourite camera out of all the superzooms I have owned/tried (and there are quite a few) so I am really pleased. Also, one other thing, when I first bought the camera, a Fuji refurb, the one I received had a faulty evf, so I contact Fuji on the Thursday evening, and they replied the next morning, and because I needed a camera for that coming weekend, they offered to send a replacement out that day for next day/Saturday delivery. I received it next morning at 8am, and it looked brand new, none of the accessories had been opened, and the camera was still in a sealed plastic bag. So, I was extremely impressed with Fuji customer service as well.

-- hide signature --

jacqui

jacqui2's gear list:jacqui2's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HZP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow