Fuji X-S1 extremely disapointing

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Doug Sinnott1941 Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: Fuji X-S1 extremely disapointing

I've had my XS1 for 6 months now,and it's the best camera I've owned,and I have had plenty in over 40 years!

It really is superbly made,everything has been well thought out,and both the viewfinder,and rear LCD,are in a class of their own.

The images are sharp and colourful,but I always underexpose them by 1/3 of a stop,just to increase saturation a bit,(I always do this on all my cameras!),and I have found my XS1 a joy to use.

I have owned many Fuji "Bridge" cameras'',from the S602,and the S7000,right up to ALL the HS series,and various Panasonic Superzooms,and the XS1 is head and shoulders above them,even better than my highly regarded HS30 EXR,which is still a great camera.

It takes time to explore the capabilities of the XS1,and customise it to get the best out of it,but I have had some superb prints from this camera,and hardly use my Pentax DSLR,or my Panason G2 kit any more.It's heavy,but less so than my Pentax kit,and is more versatile,and it weighs exactly the same as my G2,with a couple of lenses,so no problems there.

It's bigger than the competion,because of it's bigger EXR sensor,resulting in a bigger,and bulkier lens,but I like it,it feels,and looks,a "proper" camera,and is a great,really versatile,piece of kit,with a superb lens.

Just take your time to get to know this camera,and it really will surprise you with the results it can produce!

-- hide signature --

Best regards,
Doug Sinnott

Doug Sinnott1941's gear list:Doug Sinnott1941's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX35 Fujifilm X-S1 Sony SLT-A65 Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HZP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow