Why are DSLRs left home 90.2% of the time

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Christoph Stephan
Christoph Stephan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,144
Re: What I find strange

RobertSigmund wrote:

Quantity does not always equal quality. I rather have fewer high quality shots than having to sift through thousands of mediocre ones, A problem with digital anyway nowadays and exacerbates the more often you have the camera with you.

I think the NEX does not offer to significant a saving in weight and size, the lenses are quite bulky and heavy (and look disproportionately big on that camera). M43 is probably better.

but apparently true: the more you shoot, the better you are as a photographer. I read it in an interview with Peter Lindberg: he can make one day without camera, but on the second day he already feels he loses his mojo - like a pianist.

Or take the funny anecdote about Cartier-Bresson: it was not a good day for him if he had not exposed two films before breakfast.

This may be true, I expressed the above as a wish (as I hate the aftershot work), but my reality is probably different.

Usually I used at least one roll of slide film per day on more exotic holiday destination.

This has multiplied with digital and the ability to instantly review and track your picture setting helps you to optimise your shooting further.

My DSLr is with me on most bike and walking trips. Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 macro, Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro and Canon EF-S 10-22mm are nice lightweight lenses.

Christoph Stephan's gear list:Christoph Stephan's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow