Lens for landscape photography with Full Frame?

Started May 21, 2013 | Questions thread
biza43 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,285
Re: Lens for landscape photography with Full Frame?

ILeicaPictures wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have a 5DII and am looking for a good lens for landscape pictures. I would appreciate any guidance that the experienced photographers can provide. My criteria:

1. Should be prime

2. Inexpensive

3. Good Very good colors

4. Ideally fast - aperture of 2.8 or more.

5. At least as wide as 35mm.

Some additional information:

1. I have the 24-105. Love the picture quality, but want to see if I can get anything better.

You will get better results by using the tripod you already have. I see a point in shooting during the golden hour, when the light is low, you need a lens faster than f/4 (the zoom you currently have). But it is not easy to get successful landscape photos shot at or near wide open, you really need a strong subject that warrants isolation from the rest of the image components.

2. I also have the Canon 50mm F1.8. Not that impressed with the color tones.

Perhaps get Lightroom and learn how to use the Hue, Saturation, and Luminosity sliders?

3. I'm planning to buy a Samyang 14mm. I've seen good reviews on it. The manual focus is something I'd prefer (I also own a Fujifilm X-E1 and am planning to use it with the Samyang).

4. Not a pixel peeper. My focus is on good colors.

5. Would like to do minimal post processing.

6. I love to take pictures during the golden hour. And hence, would ideally prefer a fast lens.

Does such a lens exist? If yes, I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

S

A new lens will not replace any of the above points that you are not willing to invest time to learn and develop skills.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha a7 II Fujifilm X-Pro2 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow