K-30 prices dropping, rebate, inventories low. Updated model coming?

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
paulnptld Forum Member • Posts: 61
K-30 prices dropping, rebate, inventories low. Updated model coming?

Yesterday I purchased a K-30 kit w the DA 18-55 weather sealed lens. With the instant rebate it was $669. First, for those of you that have it, should I instead do the 18-135?

Also, I know that while people love this camera, there seem to be some common and significant gripes. With the recent price drops, lack of inventory, and rebates, should I expect that a big update is on the way? I'm not familiar with Pentax's rollout schedules.

Finally, I am 'upgrading' from a Panasonic FZ-200. Except that after comparing the two side by side, it's hard for me to justify getting rid of the FZ. F2.8 through 600mm, far better video, all in a lighter unit. I know the sensor size is considerably smaller, but daytime shots have been very similar when taken in RAW. I'm just wondering what the learning curve is like with the K-30.

Any feedback would be hugely appreciated!

Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow