Nikon Australia, Nikon D7100

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ZorSy Veteran Member • Posts: 3,482
Nikon Australia, Nikon D7100

I've spent last week trying to source who, of all official Nikon dealers in Sydney  is stocking D7100 body only. A week later, results are defeating: not a single one out of over 20 stores I visited or called. Out of these 20, 75% does not even have D7100 on offer at all. Heaps of D7000 (and both according to the shop staff  and a "friend of the friend", Nikon Australia is stuck with D7K people don't want to buy). Without a surprise, the first almost a year since release, the D7K was on such a short supply and the price stayed the same for 15 months if not longer. It appears that only a very strong AU$ brought it on the shelves yet again at the very same price point, selling even today at AUD$1400+ (2 lens kit) .

Now with D7100, it appears they just don't want to supply them until they get rid of D7K. Some exclusive dealers have it on backorder and can't even say when it would ship if ordered today - week, two? Or how many would be supplied out of all units they do have on backorder. Here, we are not talking 10s or 100s of units, just a couple!

The remaining 5 resellers have D7100 kit on display for AUD$1800+ (the body only is listed around AUD$1450-1500) but would not break the kit.

So Nikon Australia, shame on you - I know it's just playing game with the supply (again, according to a "friend of the friend", there is nothing wrong with D7100 stock, it's there but supplied on the droplet). I will not buy D7000  - I may never forgive myself for buying D80  on preorder (before some of the bugs were addressed many, many months later), in particular now when the new model appears to be more mature and stable. But pushing me to start considering grey import (not because of the price but availability) is a major slap in the face to your management.

Rant over, hope someone from Nikon Australia would read this and take the message: GET REAL!

ZorSy's gear list:ZorSy's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D7100
Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow