Vacation camera advice

Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
morepix
morepix Veteran Member • Posts: 9,358
Re: Or you could carry both

Timj351 wrote:

I checked out Eagle Creek's website and I see several options but it isn't clear which would be the best option for me. Can you tell me which model of bag that you are using? Thanks. Nice picture too!

I wish I could tell you because if I could I'd also order a new one for myself. I've had mine for many years, and it's bound to wear out someday. A particularly nice feature of it for my/your needs is that there's a relocatable padded divider in the main compartment, just right for separating the FZ200 and the LX7. I'm pretty sure the bag I have was named the Sidekick.

Replacement bag? Eagle Creek does have a replacement model called Side Trek, which they describe as the successor to the Sidekick. You can see it here: http://shop.eaglecreek.com/side-trek/d/1266_c_415

Its measurements appear to be the same as mine, and it has both a shoulder strap and a waist strap, but I can't tell from the online info whether it has the divider. One of these days I'll get my local travel gear shop to order one in so I can see if it really works as a replacement for mine.

Latest info: I order one right at the moment, however, as it appears to be out of stock at Eagle Creek. I phoned and found out that they get new stock in every 2-3 weeks, but it's blind inventory so they couldn't say whether or not the Side Trek bag will be in their next shipment. The customer service rep I talked with on the phone said the Side Trek does have an adjustable padded divider.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/morepix

morepix's gear list:morepix's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Ricoh GR Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow