Most expensive 1.4x TC ever.

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP PhotoKhan Forum Pro • Posts: 10,552
Re: Huh?

Steve Balcombe wrote:

bruxi wrote:

I think the point is that it's 10 times the cost of the 100-400 (which is already an outstanding lens).  Everyone will argue some incremental gain in whatever.  This will prove once again how gear focused many photographers are when they really could be more focused on learning how to shoot more compelling images.

Perhaps if you were a bit more gear focused you would understand how nonsensical the comparison with the 100-400 is.

Yes, it is off the mark.

...but it is quite curious that you, an obviously "gear-focused" user, should elect to comment on everything from not understanding bleating, through price comparisons with primes up to how bringing the 100-400 to the dissuasion is an absurd call while carefully avoiding any contribution to enlighten us about the originally reported mystery:

Why is this lens price, irrespectively of its unique ingenious and useful 1.4X TC integration, about double the same FL zoom offering form an equally competent, same league/same overall quality lens maker?

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Yxa
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow