Sigma SD15

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
robertseymour Regular Member • Posts: 187
Sigma SD15

Hi Chaps,

I currently have a DP1x and looking to upgrade, and there seem to be a few deals on the SD15 at the moment.

I want something with a bit more flexibility so a DSLR seems a good option, as I was a little limited with the DP1x on a recent trip to the Peak District:

It would have been nice to have something a bit wider angle for the landscapes and also 50-70mm equivalent for detail/portrait shots. Also something physically heavier as it was windy up there and some camera shake appeared.

I can get a Sigma refurbished SD15 from a local dealer (where I got my DP1x) and its just down the road, so support will be no problem but only 1yr Warranty. Its £359.

I can get a brand new one from a local shop for £599 (2yr Warranty). have a new one for £300+ Delivery but unknown company.

I was looking at the new Merrill cameras but not sure I would use the extra resolution, as I have printed A2 from the DP1x which came out really well!

I would look at keeping the DP1x as 28mm equivalent and getting a wider lens for the SD15 as well as possibly the 30mm f1.4 (50mm Equivalent) then later a wider wide angle too. I had the 30mm f1.4 on a KM 5D previously and loved it bokeh and colours but lacked sharpness, the new model may be better?

robertseymour's gear list:robertseymour's gear list
Sigma DP1x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +5 more
Canon EOS 5D Pentax K-m (K2000) Sigma DP1x Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow