Advice on choosing mac mini for Lightroom
My 2009 Intel Core 2 Duo Mac Book Pro is getting a bit slow, especially editing Lightroom with other apps open, so I thought I'd upgrade and give the laptop an easier ride.
I am lucky enough to have a spare mac keyboard, mouse and an old Apple 20" cinema display (1680 x 1050) lying around, and because I am mostly only editing in my spare time, I thought I'd get a mac mini.
I hoped someone could help me choose a model: given that I am currently not interested in editing video, is it worth getting a quad core version and is it necessary to get a RAM upgrade (3rd party or otherwise)? Also is there much difference between the 2012 models and 2011?
Many thanks in advance!
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%