Teknaf trip

Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ashfaque Regular Member • Posts: 460
Teknaf trip

Here are a few shots taken during our trip to Teknaf, from Cox's Bazar. We hired a car. It was quite a remarkable 5-6 hour trip.

Three Lonely Grazers (Location: Ukhiya, Cox's Bazar)

I haven't seen those circular shaped houses in the north of the country. The Naf river is around those trees on the horizon.

Dodgy Island! (Location: Naf river, Teknaf)

A view of (possibly) Shapuree Island from the mainland in Hneela (Hnila). It is an almost circular island on the Naf river. It was a late and a foggy winter afternoon. Myanmar is on the right hand side of the island. The area is known Hneela because of it blueish hue (Neel is blue in Bengali).
I was told that not many are allowed into that Island these days because of the fear of robbery and drug trafficking. However I think there may be some Rohingya refugees living there in dire conditions, which the government of Bangladesh don't want the people to see. Regardless of my unverified hypothesis, it is the same old trick - fear of the unknown - it generally works.

Silhouettes (Teknaf, Bay of Bengal)

Fishing boats by the Bay of Bengal (iirc, Inani Beach)

Wish you were here.

Bests,

Ashfaque

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow