OMD EM-6, can we talk about the buttons, dials, menus, shape ?? nothing else

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Art_P
Art_P Veteran Member • Posts: 9,875
Re: OMD EM-6, can we talk about the buttons, dials, menus, shape ?? nothing else

Prairie Pal wrote:

1.  what do you like and want to keep

Like the shape and size, Like the optional grip,

2. what do you want to get rid of

Not much

3. what do you want to add

Another customizable button, or the E-P5 button toggle. enable programming of all arrow buttons

I'd really like to see the dial on the grip independent of the one around the camera's shutter button... to give three different functions controlled by dials.  Why? because I keep reaching for that shutter button dial as my 2nd dial (and not the one at the back of the camera)

Perhaps moving the mode dial to the right, as in the E-P5?  I'd need to play w that a bit and see how it feels.  but would give room for a built in flash or second accessory port (at the expense of it's OM-like styling, so Oly probably won't do that)

4.  And / or what would you like to see the EM-6 morph into and where is it's greatest potential?

Well, talking E-M6 as opposed to OM-D Pro, I wouldn't want to see it morph, just add refinements... The 'pro' on the other hand, might be a bit bigger, built in grip?  or not...

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JC
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow