Creativity vs. IQ ... Which one has more weight?

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,417
Re: Creativity vs. IQ ... Which one has more weight?

bosjohn21 wrote:

Daisy AU wrote:

fad wrote:

Sorry, but to even ask this question shows deep ignorance about art.   This kind of false dichotomy is neither thoughtful nor helpful.  Art is not so simple.

OP would be advised to ponder the words of a poet:

Labour is blossoming or dancing where
The body is not bruised to pleasure soul,
Nor beauty born out of its own despair,
Nor blear-eyed wisdom out of midnight oil.
O chestnut-tree, great-rooted blossomer,
Are you the leaf, the blossom or the bole?
O body swayed to music, O brightening glance,
How can we know the dancer from the dance?

Hello Frank,

Some harsh ideas you have, without even knowing me.  FYI, I do know "something' about art, considering that I am Architect!  If you think this thread is "neither thoughtful nor helpful", why did you bother posting?  BTW, I am not into poetry, but thank you.

Have a lovely day!

I think he is saying that creativity and image quality are not measured with the same yard stick.

They both exist independently of one an other. Good or bad image quality has nothing to do with art unless the image quality is an aspect of the artists chosen tools

I believe any[?] topic that provokes a variety of opinions & interpretations of a theme is worthwhile, IMHO. I have old pictures of myself & my sister with my grandmother, taken in 1956 with heaven knows what type of camera [B&W] Gran died in '75. I still look at that picture with enormous fondness. Even now as I have learned a little about IQ, the picture still has the same effect on me. However, as I only took up photography 18 months ago, I will make a personal judgement of a poorly taken/blurry/OOF macro image, where to me, the IQ is most important. I recently took an off the cuf shot of my cat yawning. No time to set up or focus, just point & shoot. Came out blurry, yet when I posted it as my avatar a while ago, all the comments were on how ammusing it was. Not one comment on the IQ, which was POOR!! Personaly, I am enjoying reading ALL the comments here. Thank's to Daisy for starting the thread. Too-Roo!!

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow