why not f/1.2 by Sony?

Started May 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
S3ZAi
S3ZAi Contributing Member • Posts: 885
Re: why not f/1.2 by Sony?

davect01 wrote:

Wining about Sony not making what YOU think they should is not going to help.  However on the flip side, be rude back does not help either.

Actually, the people who are asking why sony isn't making a faster lens aren't whining. At least I wasn't when I asked. Perhaps to others it might seem like whining, but they should first make sure if they are right about this, before they start to act rude.

When I asked why sony/zeiss aren't making faster lenses than 1.8, I was actually really curious if there was a technical reason for it. You know, like a real material/technical LIMIT. None of the practical explanations were satisfactory to me, because I  was expecting to hear about a limit like this.

I mean, come on, any practical reason can be overwon, if you look at the short digital age of the last 10-15 years, almost anything, whithin reasonable limits, that seemed impossible was made possible a few years later. Sometimes the use of other material was necessary. And sometimes a whole new logic.

Who in their right mind would have expected a camera the size of nex would be competing with dslr's 5 years ago? Who knows, we might have a small 0.7 af lens for nex over five years.

Take a look at this:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/25/harvard-makes-distortion-free-lenses-from-gold-and-silicon/

S3ZAi's gear list:S3ZAi's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha a7R Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow