Creativity vs. IQ ... Which one has more weight?

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lee Jay Forum Pro • Posts: 52,953
Re: Creativity vs. IQ ... Which one has more weight?

Daisy AU wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

If the wonders of the universe don't have an impact on you, then these won't.  To me, an otherwise great shot can be ruined by bad IQ, but good IQ on a bad shot is also no good.  You have to have both and they are of equal importance.

Sorry Lee, I don't mean to offend anybody, maybe because I have seen so many similar shots of the moon, and also because I don't particularly like B&W in general.  However, in my opinion, a great shot with a degree of bad IQ can still be a great shot. To me they don't have equal weight.

I don't like B&W either.  That's a color image.  The moon is a dark charcoal color.

A lot of shots from Cartier-Bresson have bad IQ, and to me, they're all bad shots.  Now, it does depend a great deal on how bad and what type of IQ problems are present.  Unintentional motion blur is probably the worst for me, second is noise/grain.  Geometric distortions and chromatic aberrations are at the other end of the scale for me - not very important at all.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow