Creativity vs. IQ ... Which one has more weight?

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
looper1234
looper1234 Regular Member • Posts: 314
Re: Creativity vs. IQ ... Which one has more weight?

Daisy AU wrote:

Here is where my point lies ... you are reverting to IQ as a very important aspect to the image.  I fully understand that acquiring the best RAW file is an advantage, but what if it is not achieved when pressing the shutter? What if the creative side of the shot is wonderful, but the tech aspect is not?   I firstly look at the image as a whole, do I like it or not, does it make me think, does it have an impact on me?  If all that is achieved, then I don't look at any IQ.  I like the image as it is and don't really care if it is tack sharp or without imperfections.

it doesn't have to be a compromise, good practice will ensure all your shots comes with all the IQ possible at a moments notice. We learn the most from missed opportunities.

if the perfect moment for a wonderful shot presented itself in a fraction of second and one was unable to get at least a passable image to portray the fundamental elements of what you intended to express for this shot, than this opportunity is wasted, and there is no need to cry over spilled milk.

the good thing is, most good shots are composed and takes time and effort, which will allow you to obtain the best IQ your gear can obtain. today, even a camera phone will get you the IQ you need.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow