End of the Road E System

Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
garysworld
garysworld Junior Member • Posts: 44
End of the Road E System

I am using a new sign in, but have been a member of this forum since 2004 when I got my E-1. I have not been active for several years.

This week I spoke to one of the long time Olympus people I have gotten to know. The subject turned to the E System. Here is what was essentially discussed.  I have no reason to believe otherwise as there were some long faces during this part of the conversation.

The E System is at the end of its road, there will not be a traditional E-7 Dslr to replace the E-5 as we know it. Within the next several months there will be an announcement regarding a new body, which will some type of Hybrid that will be fully functional with the E series lens, as Oly understands the continued value of these. What that might be the Oly person would not discuss. That’s about it regarding the E System, and likely no surprise to many.

Additional insights regarding the Oly line, was that Oly is trimming back, will drop the $99.00 entry level point and shoot, will focus on tough cams, some super zooms, and the Micro four thirds systems. It was a rather short conversation.

How I miss the early days of this forum with the excitement of the E-1 and the members who were early adopters of the system. I still own it all, and will. Hoping for the best with the Hybrid.

garysworld's gear list:garysworld's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow