Adobe is WRONG!

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
brianj Forum Pro • Posts: 14,657
Re: Total nonsense, IMHO...

rattymouse wrote:

cutterpup wrote:

brianj wrote:

I can't imagine how anyone could think that adobe would be around supporting them all their lives, things change so it is very risky to be locked in to a proprietry file format.

People should be angry at themselve for making such a blunder, but instead they are taking out their anger on adobe which is just acting like a normal business.

Brian

I don't think anyone is looking at Adobe to be around "supporting" them. Being "locked" into a proprietryt file format is not the case. What is the case is having the ability to USE that format on my computor with the software that I purchased the rights to.  I don't want to have to complete a project everytime I need a break so that it can be converted to another format.

I have back ups, and yes I convert when finished.   But I expect my programs to work when needed and not be turned off on a  whim by a capricious "landlord."

Brian is building a straw man argument here.  What Adobe is doing is very clear to see and he understands this.  Brian's main interest is the protection of corporate profits over consumer's ability to use their software as they see fit.

You missed the mark here, I hate corporations and couldn't care less if they all went broke tomorrow.  I don't trust them and never have which is why I am not surprised that this matter is occuring.  I guess I am in the unique position that I do not use adobe software and do not use raw, which gives me the advantage of analysing this matter free from the anger of being one who is affected.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow