Nikon AF 24-85 F/2.8-4 or Sigma 24-70 F/2.8 HSM
I own a Nikon D600 (FF) camera and thinking of getting a zoom in the wide to standard range. I would love to get the Nikon AF-S 24-70 F/2.8 but do not have the money to get that at the moment. So I am considering these two alternatives at the moment.
- Nikon AF 24-85 F2.8-4
- Sigma 24-70 F2.8 HSM (one with the AF motor)
The two are much cheaper and I think will work for me for the moment. I have read the reviews of both these lenses and still I am pretty confused between the two. I have read about slowness of the lens, and that they are pretty soft and so on. But at the moment I can only spare the cash for one of these. So any help in my selection will be greatly appreciated.
I would like to say that I am a little biased towards the Nikon 24-85 as it gives me that extra zoom but I will go for the Sigma if the F2.8 constant is worth it.
- So my main decision point is the constant F2.8 of Sigma or the more zoom available on Nikon obviously keeping in mind that at the end of the day getting good pictures is the main issue and not the specs of the lens.
Consider the Nikon 24-120 as well. Great piece of glass that is pretty clean at f/4 (wide open) and provides a little more reach than either the Sigma or the Nikon 24-85. Faster focusing, I think, than either of them as well, considering it's from Nikon's 2nd-tier professional lens lineup. It's not much more than the Sigma or the 24-85 as well.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jan 24, 2013|
|May 11, 2013|
|May 19, 2013|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO