Medium format, eat your heart out! (Large file warning)

Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
djbrom Senior Member • Posts: 1,322
Re: Medium format, eat your heart out! (Large file warning)

Looks good!

The larger images can be hard to stitch sometimes.  I normally use PtGui and i have had some good success with that however sometimes something like hugin would work while PTGui wouldnt and vica versa.  I also found that writing teh final file in the form of a tiff or PSD was better (though bigger!).

My biggest was a 35 image pano which was one of those start processing and walk away type of things.  It took a while to form the image but I was using detailed high quality settings and blending.

A B & W version

Keep it up.  They can be quite enjoyable to do, however one thing I should point out is to find the sweet spot of your lens where you get the best sharpness across the whole frame.  This will not just make it look better but will make it easier for the stitching program to compile

djbrom's gear list:djbrom's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow