Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
DogShot Regular Member • Posts: 454
Re: Apple's golden opportunity re Aperture: the possibility of Lightroom in the cloud

There's also the issue of implementing that subscription.  I have zero patience for devoting time to periodically re-establishing your ability to use a piece of software.  There is a statistics package for the social sciences called SPSS, which was purchased several years ago by IBM.  IBM immediately changed the fee structure to 6-month licensing, which was a huge pain.  After my first negative experience wasting a few hours getting re-licensed just so I could continue using the software, I abandoned it for a free software environment for statistics (R), and never looked back.  Unless Adobe makes the subscription process transparent to the user, I suspect they will lose a bunch of people who are even willing to put up with the monthly subscription idea.

Mark

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow