IPS Monitor Choice

Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fastfwd01 Regular Member • Posts: 439
Re: IPS Monitor Choice

I starting contemplating the purchase of an IPS monitor myself to upgrade from my current twisted plane monitor.  You can spend weeks reviewing the current offerings balanced against what your needs are – I can tell you that much for sure.  There are plenty of threads on the topic on this board with great information.

These appear to be the most highly regarded review sites:

What is important to you might not be reflected in others opinions of what makes the best monitor.  It seems difficult to gauge how relative some aspects are to my particular wants/needs without hands-on experience.

If you’re looking for a monitor that will accommodate gaming then you’ll be looking in a direction that I haven’t explored personally.  I have been more fixated on if making the jump would be worth it for one of the 6 bit panel IPS monitors – which are likely what you are looking at for a gaming styled IPS and probably the compromise you need to accommodate gaming in your price range.

Fastfwd01's gear list:Fastfwd01's gear list
Canon PowerShot G6 Canon EOS M Nikon D750 Samsung Galaxy S5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow