EPL5 vs EPL3 vs EPM2 You have helped me b4, I am going to buy tomorrow

Started May 10, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bernard de Clairvaux Contributing Member • Posts: 612
EPL5 vs EPL3 vs EPM2 You have helped me b4, I am going to buy tomorrow

Hi,

You have been helpful with comparisons on m4/3 b4, and I was going to get an EP3 but was a day too late.

I will buy this maybe tomorrow but definitely by Saturday.  All 3 of these have the std collapsable zoom.

EPL5 w/ lens 525.00

EPL3 w/ lens 400.00

EPM2 w/ lens 425.00

Focus seems fine on all 3.  Mode dial seems like a big plus.

Do all 3 have the slight issue of focus box size being too large?

Are any of the above worse in manual focus with auto focus lenses?  with viewfinder?

Are any of the above worse in manual focus with manual focus lenses w/ adapter? with viewfinder?

Is lack of a handgrip a big issue on EPM2?  Could the larger assessory handgrip from EPL5 be modified to work?

To be honest, I am leaning toward the EPL3 as I think focus speed and accuracy is real similar.

EPM2 is much better made than I thought, but doesnt have mode dial.  Also doesnt have a tilt screen, which I kinda like for durability, but the tilt screen on the others seems fairly durable.

I kinda felt the touch focus was interesting, but also activated shutter simultaneously.  Perhaps this is great, and would be the only way it could work well, but I took quite a few images accidentally.

I really really appreciate the help.

Thank you, Bernard

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow