From first effort at street.

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Midwest Forum Pro • Posts: 17,160
Re: Can you imagine when more people are wearing Google glass? :)

dave rogers wrote:

Zensu11 wrote:

Henri' Cartier-Bresson didn't define street photography. He re-defined photography. Ansel Adams didn't define landscape photography. He re-defined photography. Dorothea Lange didn't define documentary photography. She re-defined it.

I'm not impressed with your first image posted but I say to you continue in your exploration of "street photography" until you find your definition and if others like or dislike, whatever. Just be aware that posting an image on a website is inviting others to criticize your image.

And not all criticism is equal. Some of it is mere opinion asserted as fact, and delivered harshly with little regard for person offering their work for review.

A little consideration goes a long way.

Perhaps it would be a good start for the OP to ask himself what drew him to try street shooting. Perhaps it was the fact that so many mediocre (at best) street shots draw overenthusiastic praise, so 'there must be something to them'. I hope not.

I hope that he has seen some compelling street photos, not just b/w shots of strangers which are simply devoid of any real interest. A look through some really good street shots might give him inspiration to better direct his attempts.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow