From first effort at street.

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
steadyhand
steadyhand Junior Member • Posts: 49
Re: From first effort at street.

Street isnt hard guys. Street is fluid. Street is pausing time and snagging it. It isnt any more difficult than any other genre. You need to develop your own eye. You need to overcome some initial fears.

To the original OP: Join communities or groups that specifically celebrate the genre. I am an active member of the several groups on Facebook, G+ and Flickr. Street photographers are extremely open and share their images often.

I co-curated a Photowalk group for Street Photography. We would pick a neighborhood in NY and meet, shoot, eat and drink, then go home and share what we shot. It is a very social community. Im shooting now with an E-LP5 and I love it. I shoot from the hip or waist. If you have any reservations shooting in the street, you need to develop and overcome that. I suggest that you pick a very busy neighborhood and find a corner where there may be anything interesting happening. Just stand still and shoot. If you are apprehensive shooting, avoid making eye contact once you have taken the shot. Like a muscle it will feel better as you do it more often.

Your shot isnt bad. What did you find interesting in the couple that moved you to shoot them?

Street is to photography as Jazz is to music- Dave Ortiz

-- hide signature --

--

www.steadyhandimagery.com

steadyhand's gear list:steadyhand's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow