From first effort at street.

Started May 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
G1Houston Senior Member • Posts: 2,674
Respect Privacy

I wish people can take "street photography" seriously instead of just going outside taking pictures of strangers on the street.  I assume that those who take this seriously will spend more time reading and studying great work of art and work with pro in some way to learn.  This is not the place where you can really learn the trade and be a pro.  We get this kind of post periodically b/c m4/3 is so portable that people begin to act out a fantasy that they too can be a artist  ...

I, for one, do not want to be photographed by someone I don't know with unknown purposes.  It is an invasion of privacy.  In the old days, you can keep your private photos in your closet, and no one else would ever know, and these photos eventually get old and degraded.  In the era of internet, however, this picture of couple is now permanently in the public domain for all to see forever, without the permission of this couple.  Is this ethical?

G1Houston's gear list:G1Houston's gear list
Nikon D7100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow