Adobe is WRONG!

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ken Phillips Forum Pro • Posts: 16,361
You NEVER "own" the software, anyway!

You are using software under license; some licenses actually have clauses that say that the license can change during your term of use.

It's also likely that there will come a time when some newer products won't work on older operating systems (one version of PS, for example, wouldn't make the jump from WinNT to WinXP.)

I actually have no issue with their scheme; I can choose to be in it, or not. At work, I use Adobe Creative Suite, which contains (among other things) Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, and FrameMaker. I'm not sure that they'll change that software to a subscription model, but if they do, they may get resistance from some corporate users.

I really, really dislike folks using terms such as "excessive greed", when, to me, greed is the coveting of unearned wealth. If someone wants to pay less than my asking price for a print, I simply don't sell it. If CS @ $19/month is too much for you, make sure you have the latest perpetual license and go with that.

BTW, I also have Corel's graphics suite, which I've been using since Windows 3.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow