Adobe is WRONG!

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Detail Man Forum Pro • Posts: 16,789
Re: What A Fabulous Deal !!!

Art Jacks wrote:

I think the relevant point in your reply is " having to upgrade every few years " as consumers who own the boxed product we have the choice when we feel the need to upgrade, many of the ' new improved features ' may not be required so it would be possible to miss a version, it would seem that option is being taken away if  I want to stay with Adobe.

Yes, Art, your point is well taken. From Adobe's statement's it seems to at this point remain deliberately unclear how they would treat a customer who "got off the bus" and then decided to "reboard the bus". While it seems clear that such customers would eat away at their profit-model, it is unclear how they would be handled. If their cost for reboarding was to pay all licensing fees since "leaving the bus", then yes, an image-processing application is being marketed like an exclusive private club without regard for anything but the financial well-being of the proprietors. There seems no reason to believe that Adobe's stance would be otherwise.

I took a trip to this DPReview poll web-page:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/05/08/Adobe-CC-Creative-Cloud-Complaints-Poll-of-Photographers-Photoshop-users

At the time that I voted, there were 895 votes cast. Around 60% of those votes expressed the concern of, "Having to repeatedly pay to retain access". I added my vote to that class.

While I am not personally a user of Adobe PS/CS, it seems quite true that this marketing approach does represent a bull-headed stab at indenturing users. There seems little reason to suspect (or to hope for, or to depend upon) the possibility of a softening of such a marketing policy. Very likely the only way that it would come about is in the case of a resultant collapse in the profit-model in the course of actually implementing such an approach. Thus, it makes very good sense for those who constitute the potential market to boycott as customers. Understood.

As to the OPs' seething that, "Your craven shilling is clear for one and all to see". Most people expect that some level of rational discourse may be possible surrounding issues. Some seem incapacitated from such reason due to their deeply held emotional insistence of attempting to enforce a single unitary outcome surrounding their personal desires. This, in fact, is the same mistake that the Adobe Corporation is making. Thus, I shall henceforth boycott the OP and all such beligerents in like manner

DM ...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow