Sold my X-E1 and went to G5

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
belcanto Contributing Member • Posts: 550
Sold my X-E1 and went to G5

So I 've left this camp. Unfortunately, because there was so much to like about the X-E1. Colors, high iso, handling. Ok the grip could have been better. But all the buttons were in the right places. I could even shoot with my gloves on when out skiing. Another thing they could have improved was the eyecup of the EVF. Sunny days gav me some trouble. None of these things were dealbreakers though. The thing that did it was issues when focussing manual lenses. Since I only shoot manual focus lenses I need to magnify the view to see if I get it right. At first I thought it was the EVF, but after a while I realised the lcd behaved the same way. Seems to me to be the read out from the sensor that is to slow. Instead of a filmlike live view I got a rapid sucession of stills that danced all over the place. If I didn't use longer lenses than 50mm it was kind of ok. But longer...

I'm a little curious what the 'Big uppdate' will bring. Did I sell it to soon?

I really liked the concept of the X-E1 and if they get it right with the next version I just might be back.

Kjell

belcanto's gear list:belcanto's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic G85 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 +11 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow