Samsung Nx20 VS Sony Nex-5R

Started May 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ChuckTa Senior Member • Posts: 1,336
Re: Samsung Nx20 VS Sony Nex-5R

Timmbits wrote:

wictred wrote:

NX20:

- not too many lenses

I went to the lens hub on this site today, and did a search for lenses for Samsung NX mount and for Sony NEX E mount.

There are 24 lenses for Samsung NX and 20 lenses for Sony E, at the time of this writing, in DPR's Lens Hub database.

I think there may be a few duplicates among the manual lenses for NX (Samyang vs. Rokinon), but then again, some would argue that a few of the Sony lenses are nothing to write home about.  So I think that in the lens department, it's pretty much a tie.

Just to set the record straight.

Samsung DPR lens hub includes old lens from the Pentax days.

I count 12 lens for Samsung NX mount.

For Sony Nex, 12 lens (3 x 18-200mm, god knows why!!!), so actually 10 lens , but there are 2 from Sigma and one Zeiss e24.

There is no duplicate range for Samsung except maybe the two kit zoom.

Nex only has 1 quality pancake lens, the 20/f2.8 and no large aperture pancake. Samsung has 3 pancake, one with larger aperture f2 and one f2.4 .

I compared the 20-50mm & NX100 with the Nex 5 + 18-55mm.  My opinon is 20-50mm is better than the Nex kit. I don't have the NX 18-55mm, but I have 16/f2.4, 30/f2, 50-200mm and all are very good lens.

My friend has the Nex 5n with the 55-210mm and I think the Samsung 50-200mm image quality is better.

ChuckTa's gear list:ChuckTa's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Samsung NX300 Sony Alpha a7 Samsung NX mini +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow