85mm 1.4: zeiss, nikon or sony alpha?

Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
S3ZAi
OP S3ZAi Contributing Member • Posts: 885
Re: 85mm 1.4: zeiss, nikon or sony alpha?

waitformee wrote:

IMHO...

I am really amazed at the number of lens you have.

Just wonder, do you know what is the difference between 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8.

when taking portrait with 50mm and 85mm. what is distance do you need to move back if you are using a 85mm trying to get the same image output as the 50mm?

Do try and see if you can walk the few steps with 50mm to achieve the 85mm results. Anyway, I think other then trying to buy lens of all focal length, maybe you should see the different grade of lens,  which lens that best fit your camera and most importantly your the one that fits your shooting style.

If you think that f1.4 or f1.2 is important then why not consider f0.95. Fast lens does not means sharp lens. never put aperture as the first item of consideration when choosing a lens.

I'm not buying the lenses for their zoom lengt, I'm buying them for bokeh quality. I already have sel18-200le, if I want to just zoom on something, I'd use that one. But some specific prime lenses between 80-135mm have incredible bokeh. Otherwise they wouldn't have any appeal.

S3ZAi's gear list:S3ZAi's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha a7R Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow