85mm 1.4: zeiss, nikon or sony alpha?

Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
El Matadurr
El Matadurr Veteran Member • Posts: 5,018
Re: 85mm 1.4: zeiss, nikon or sony alpha?

S3ZAi wrote:

- Then there is the nikon 1.4, I remember Matthew (El Matadurr) being very enthousiastic about the nikon lens. It's quite expensive though, especially the newest model.

Yep! I'm still trying to find time to review it, but so far it's turning in an excellent performance. Pretty heavy in aberrations at f/1.4, but it's more dependent on if you nail critical focus or not. I found mine for about $400 I think. It's physically in bad shape but mechanically and optically it's great.

- Finally there is the option to go for the very expensive combo of sony/zeiss alpha sal85f14z lens with LaEa2. This would give me quite good autofocus but it would also become quite big and clunky? I really would like to see how this looks like to form a real opinion about it.

Have you thought about the already-mentioned Samyang 85mm f/1.4 in the mount of your choice? I'd consider it if I wasn't so used to the feeling of Nikkors.

matthewdurrphotography.com

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6500 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow