Samsung Nx20 VS Sony Nex-5R

Started May 4, 2013 | Questions thread
viking79
viking79 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,147
Re: Samsung Nx20 VS Sony Nex-5R

Greynerd wrote:

You say this but with other makes of cameras I just do not get the issues I had with my NX100 and NX15. When I was using NX I had to start thinking about cards and bought a Samsung card to try and avoid the constant lock ups with the NX15. The NX100 was more tolerant of cards but needed a lot of menu resets.

Now I have an Olympus Pen and a Sony A37 I have been able to use the rag back of branded cards I have, a lot of them class 4 with no problem at all, though speed will vary. The NX20 sounds like there has not been a lot of improvement. If you have to start worrying about what cards you use there is a problem and it probably is not the cards.

The problem is the cards aren't fast enough.  The NX20 can write 16 or 17 MB/s using a fast enough card, and class 10 is only guaranteed at 10 MB/s.  Most benchmarks aren't totally valid as RAW files are relatively small and benchmarks usually write large files (like over 50 MB).

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow