**The Weekly 4/3 DSLR Images 13 05 06**

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
photophile Forum Pro • Posts: 13,210
Re: Forever Fab?

googoogajoob! It is strange seeing what is now an almost 50 year old band still being advertised as if new. But the music has remained timeless - and for that reason, there will probably still be posters/pictures (whatever the technology at the time will be) of the mop-tops in another 50 years time. Hard to believe that some "experts" predicted as early at 1960 that rock n roll music was a passing fad and would probably not last the decade.

The Beatles were a bit before my time - but growing up in the UK, I had obviously heard of them and seen the old pictures on TV many times. However, I hadn´t really appreciated the music fully. A friend of mine back in 1988 bought a new fangled thing called a DVD player - so he was (foolishly) throwing/giving away all his tape cassettes! I was a student at the time - so I rescued about half of his collection - many of which were full Beatles Albums.  While studying, I played the tapes - and it was only then that I realised "wow!!" Beatles music is...weird/different/strange/catchy...hard to put it into any category. When I heard "Piggies" I thought - what was THAT!!?? Suffice to say I now have my own complete collection of all Beatles Albums and know every song by heart!

-- hide signature --

photophile's gear list:photophile's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-750 UZ Olympus E-500 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow