XZ-2 vs. XZ-10
I've both cameras for some weeks. Here are my observations:
1. The lens of the XZ-2 is much better wide open at the short end of the zoom. With the XZ-10 I have to close down to 2.8 for sharp corners and to 4 to minimize CA. But it's good to have 1.8 in dark conditions. With the XZ-2 I only close down to 2.5 for best results.
2. The larger sensor of the XZ-2 is 1/2 to 1 ISO stop better in the high ISO range.
3. The xz-10 has no manual focus. I hope that will be delvered by firmware update !!!!
4. The XZ-10 is faster in AF and prozessing and displaying...
5. I have to set exposure compensation on the XZ-10 to + 0.3 to + 0.7 to get the same exposure as on shots taken with the XZ-2.
6. the XZ-10 is in deed much smaller and lighter and feels very solid.
7. The XZ-10 has a antireflex coating on the display the XZ-2 has not.
8. The touch screen on the XZ-2 is much easeier to us because it is of the capazitive kind and the screen is tilable.
9. The images taken with both cameras in same conditions look realy very similar! You have to do pixel peking to see the dference.
10. Because the XZ-10 is much smaller, lighter, faster, has a longer zoom range and a better IS, I use it much more than the XZ-2. For me the XZ-2 feels more like a micro 4/3 and has really a very good image quality. So the XZ-2 replaces my PEN and my XZ-10 replaces my XZ-2
What are your observations?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%