**weekly wildlife 5-5, 5-12**

Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Atgard Regular Member • Posts: 432
South Florida birding

As zachiedawg says, summer is here in South Florida, and the heat cut my excursion short this week. But I did finally get a roseate spoonbill in flight, and there were some pretty cute black-necked stilt babies watched over by their diligent parents (dad even scared off a gator).

Most shots slightly cropped and minor PP.

Roseate spoonbill, really pretty in flight (not my best shot, but a cool subject)

There were 4 baby black-necked stilts, watched over by a pair of protective parents

OK, so I screwed up and forgot to change settings and took this with too slow of a shutter speed. But since I was panning with him pretty well, it came out with a cool background movement effect.

Great egret, my sharpest BIF shot of the day.

All taken with the A37 & old Sigma DL 75-300. I stopped by the Sony store to compare my cheap lens with the Sony 55-300, and the increased sharpness of the Sony was pretty dramatic. So a lens upgrade is definitely on my wishlist (the Tamron 200-500 is also mighty appealing).

Atgard's gear list:Atgard's gear list
Sony SLT-A37 Sony a77 II Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow