Relation between lens diameter and IQ
It appears that generally lenses with higher diameter (larger filter thread like 67, 72 or 77 mm) are much pricier than the lenses with comparatively less diameter (say 52 or 58 mm) and most of the cases they are better w.r.t. IQ too. Why it is so?
What may be the problem of manufacturing smaller diameter lenses with very good optics? Canon L lenses are also follows mostly the same trend. What is the technical reason behind this?
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|