Pentax DA 50mm f1.8 now $117

Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
awaldram
awaldram Forum Pro • Posts: 12,952
Re: Isn`t it too expensive at the regular price?

brandrx wrote:

Unexpresivecanvas wrote:

Besides large-volume scale economies, I never understood why this lens in Pentax line is so expensive.  The equivalent EF Canon version for full frame retails a prices around $100 (EF 50mm F1.8).  That`s one of the reason I keep telling people that FF is not significantly more expensive than ApS-C.  The fabulous Canon 85mm/F1.8 retails for only $359.

Given the clear advantages of FF systems, I didn`t see anymore a reason to continue putting my faith on Pentax.

OK, we get it. You abandoned Pentax and went with Canon. So, do we now have to endure a daily dose of a Pentax bash or two from you? Why don't you just slither away to your new found plastic garden.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Don't get upset Ron, Pity them they obviously didn't find the Nirvana over the rainbow they expected, so have to try and make us all feel as wretched as they.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-PM2 Pentax Q7 Pentax K-3 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow