Aviator Travel Jib vs. Kessler Pocket Jib Traveler

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Questions thread
OP callisto11 Forum Member • Posts: 69
Re: Aviator Travel Jib vs. Kessler Pocket Jib Traveler

Well first of all thanks for the replies and links.

With regards to what camera I'll use it depends on the situation, but for my next outing I seriously need to travel light so I will be using a Panasonic TM700. Other times I may use a Canon t4i.

I'm surprised there is not more talk about this since they are comparable and there are a lot of people interested in both products. I am leaning towards the Kessler though, as noted it may offer more stability, and any kind of wobble really looks bad (another reason to use weights and not sand bags, although I think the Aviator allows that also). It seems to me saying 'they both suck as jibs' is not very constructive; if you are comparing a Ferrari to an Accord and say the latter sucks, it is not a really fair comparison. The online samples and reviews though are all I have to go on, and many of the shots look pretty darn good (granted those are the best).

For the Kessler reviews the link in the reply above must be new, but also very welcome. I've seen the one from Philip Bloom, but it's more of an ad than review - I guess if you get one for free and are friends with Mr. Kessler it's no surprise. There was one other I saw, that seems the most objective, at http://vimeo.com/64490999 and ironically is used as a promo for Kessler.

At any rate, still hope for any other input.

callisto11's gear list:callisto11's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS Rebel T4i +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow