Please a simple UV and polarizing filter recommendation for 24-70 II

Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lemming51
Lemming51 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,871
my mistake (and maybe B&H's) ;-)

lastcoyote wrote:

hate to be contrary but I've just got a B+W 82mm UV-Haze XS-PRO Digital filter for my 24-70 II and it fits perfectly flush to the edge of the lens filter thread. Lens cap fits on the front thread fine even though only shallow thread and the Lens Hood fits on perfectly and clicks into place as if no filter was present.

I'd recommend this filter for sure as pretty much the best option for this lens.

I stand corrected.  Good to know.  I was going by the note that B&H includes in the description:

• Note: This filter ring's outside diameter is slightly larger than the actual thread size, and because of this you may be unable to attach the lens manufacturer's bayonet-mounted lens hood to the lens while using this filter. This is dependent on your specific lens and how thick the front rim of the lens is; with thinner, low-profile lenses usually being affected more.
-- hide signature --

Unapologetic Canon Apologist

Lemming51's gear list:Lemming51's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow