Low speed issue with 16 mm
I own a Nex 3 with the Sony 50 mm and the Sony 16 mm. I usually shoot on aperture priority mode / auto ISO. When using the 16 mm with this setup, the camera often chooses a speed as low as 1/30 s, while staying at ISO 200. It's ok for landscape, but whenever something is moving on the frame, it will be blurred. Why doesn't it choose a higher ISO / faster speed combination ? ISO 400 or ISO 800 wouldn't hurt much.
The solutions I tried weren't really satisfactory.
- Speed priority : I have to keep adjusting the speed all the time, and it's not handy at all when you want to control DOF.
- Manual ISO setting : same issue there, I keep changing ISO all the time. It's however the best solution I've found so far, because it still gives me aperture control.
I mainly use the 16 mm for street photography. The lighting conditions change very quickly : inside / outside buildings, etc.
I forgot to say that I shoot raw.
Does other Nex camera have this issue ? How do you 16 mm users bypass it ?
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO