New micro 4/3 lens or dslr

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
drawbridge Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: New micro 4/3 lens or dslr

JoeBrautigam wrote:

"but i want to also get away from the micro four thirds and get a dslr what do u think?"

Some here have mentioned that running on two systems is usually a mistake.  As the owner of Nikon SLR and Olympus M43 gear I would agree.  But based on the sentence above it sounds like they are misreading your intentions.  Sounds to me like your intent on leaving the M43 world entirely.

If that's the case you should really consider whether or not your plans truly justify it.  If you want to print poster sized images I understand.  If you're big on shooting sports I see your point as well.  If you have reasons other than these I'd love to hear them.  (There are likely a few more good ones but I can't think of them myself.)

I can tell you that I have a D5100 and some decent lenses and they've been collecting dust since I purchased my M43 system.  I know the 7100 is a nice upgrade from the 5100 but it's still a DX body right?  A lot of smart people would tell you that if you really feel M43 isn't cutting it you're gonna need to at least step up to full frame to see a difference (at least in image quality.)

If you're still content to make a move I'd quit M43 cold turkey.  Don't buy any more lenses for a system you're leaving.  You could save that money for your next camera.  If you buy now and sell it later you'll lose money.   Best to sell everything all at once and put it towards new gear.

And again, If notably better image quality is your goal consider a full frame body.  Otherwise I'm not sure you'll even see a difference.

-Drawbridge

drawbridge's gear list:drawbridge's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow