16MP sensor improvements?

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Questions thread
Najinsky Veteran Member • Posts: 5,700
Re: Round 3a

Right on the sequencing. But I deleted the full size versions when I thought no one was playing so you probably only saw the DPR 40% previews. Still seems like it was enough.

A = F16

B = F22

C = F11

D = F8

All shot with the GF3 and PL45.

I posted a resolution comparison of an alternative test further down the thread.

Thanks for playing!

-Najinsky

grumpyolderman wrote:

For what its worth, in terms of sharpness, I would sort them (the pictures in 3a)

4 sharper then 3  then 1  least sharp is 2 (nothing is really sharp)

but of course this could have loads or reasons, different camera movements, shutter shock, or different lens, IOS switched on/of, different camera, filters in front of lens etc.

Regards DOF, shallowest is

4 shallower than 3 1 shallower than 2

So if you used two different cameras with two different settings each with the same lens (but I am not sure if you did...), I would guess the pictures 1 and 2 might be taken by the same (lower res sensor?) and 3/4 with a higher res sensor, 4 and 1 with maybe f4/8 and 3 and 2 with maybe something like f11. However, to produce such a shallow DOF, they would have to be tele lenses, maybe 200mm or larger?

So now you can tell me I got it all wrong....:-)at least I stuck my neck out in your fun-exercise!

JL

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow