Need help with AdobeRGB U2711 monitor setup - Windows 7 & Photoshop CS6
Just wanted to close on this thread in case anyone searches through this in the future. It seems that all I needed was a reboot, as everything is working fine now, and with the U2711 monitor in AdobeRGB mode I am seeing additional colors that weren't displayed in the sRGB version of the same images.
- Monitor in AdobeRGB mode (on screen display buttons)
- Windows Control Panel Color Management set into AdobeRGB mode
- Photoshop Color Setting in North American Pre-Press 2 (this sets monitor to AdobeRGB)
- Image using AdobeRGB color space.
Interestingly it's not the exact colors I was expecting to see the biggest differences (blue/green) but rather the yellows, and leaves with a yellower hue of green, there's even some additional color displayed in pinks. With some test files I've seen some huge differences in "unnatural light blues" colors you might see in clothes, cars, perhaps even turquoise gems, but not so much in sky colors.
It's certainly interesting seeing what you never realized you were missing!
Gallery at http://www.rolandwooster.com
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Apr 19, 2013|
|Apr 26, 2013|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!