Need help with AdobeRGB U2711 monitor setup - Windows 7 & Photoshop CS6
Just wanted to close on this thread in case anyone searches through this in the future. It seems that all I needed was a reboot, as everything is working fine now, and with the U2711 monitor in AdobeRGB mode I am seeing additional colors that weren't displayed in the sRGB version of the same images.
- Monitor in AdobeRGB mode (on screen display buttons)
- Windows Control Panel Color Management set into AdobeRGB mode
- Photoshop Color Setting in North American Pre-Press 2 (this sets monitor to AdobeRGB)
- Image using AdobeRGB color space.
Interestingly it's not the exact colors I was expecting to see the biggest differences (blue/green) but rather the yellows, and leaves with a yellower hue of green, there's even some additional color displayed in pinks. With some test files I've seen some huge differences in "unnatural light blues" colors you might see in clothes, cars, perhaps even turquoise gems, but not so much in sky colors.
It's certainly interesting seeing what you never realized you were missing!
Gallery at http://www.rolandwooster.com
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Apr 19, 2013|
|Apr 26, 2013|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Race by mdbinasif|
from Your City - Kids Play
|Altaussee Austria by IFRPilot|
|Sunrise at Mono Lake by ed rader|
from My Best Photo of the Week