A great new 70D is coming

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jrkliny
jrkliny Veteran Member • Posts: 4,057
A great new 70D is coming

At least I hope so.

I just read the DPR Nikon D7100 review.  In addition to a gold medal award, the review was full of superlatives including "fast, accurate AF" and "outstanding image quality."  The negatives were largely related to video.  In addition the buffer capacity cannot keep up with bursts with raw captures from the 24 mp sensor.

According to the rumors, Canon was going to release a 70D which was basically a rebadged 60D with an 18 mp sensor.  Also according to the rumors, Canon is delaying until they can get an improved sensor in production.  Of course, the rumors may be totally false.  In any case, it does appear that the D7100 is a solid, gold medal camera and Canon will need to release something roughly equivalent in order to be competitive.  Even if the Canon product falls short, it will need to be at least close to the D7100 in order to get a $1000 plus sales price.

At this point I am sure we will see a good and hopefully great new 70D from Canon.  I would like to believe that will happen well before the end of this year.

-- hide signature --

Jim, AKA camperjim, formerly from liny, Long Island New York

jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +7 more
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow