16MP sensor improvements?

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Questions thread
tedolf
tedolf Forum Pro • Posts: 26,759
Tedolf's world is the only one that matters.....

Ulric wrote:

tedolf wrote:

I do not see diffraction effects on the E-pl1 at f/11 or below.

I do see diffraction at f/16.

I know that mathematically there will be more diffraction effects with a closer pixel pitch.

This is basic optical physics.

all other worlds are mere illusions.

I posted examples of diffraction with a 16 mp sensor. Would you mind doing the same from the E-PL1?

Unfortunately, well actually fortunately I deleted those photo right after taking them because the problem was obvious even on the E-pl1 LCD screen.  It is especially evident at f/22 with close ups on the 17mm lens.  Open up to f/11 and the problem is gone.

I first noticed it when I was doing a close up of the shot of my lens collection in my Tedolph's Mighty Arsenal Album in my Gallery.  Then I noticed it again in some foliage test shots I was doing becuase I was looking for it.

I would also be interested in comments on the "background haze" in my samples. I have the same scene in f/11 if that is helpful.

Well, we need a comparison between the two cameras-same lens, same settings, same scene with some significant OOF background areas preferable with some speculare highlights.

If anyone can do that test it would be much appreciated.

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow