First DSLR k20d, k30d or k5

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
btbsurf29 New Member • Posts: 3
First DSLR k20d, k30d or k5

Hey I apologize in advance if this thread has already been discusses but I'm looking to buy a DSLR.  I've been saving for a while now and would like to buy a camera that I can learn and progress with, I plan on having this camera for a WHILE.  I travel a lot and want a camera better than my P&S Canon powershot to capture my adventures. I take a lot of landscape/wildlife but I also love surfing and taking action shots.  I've done my research but could use some input from more experienced photographers.

Pentax K20D- The price is very affordable.  I could use the money I'd save buying the 20d and buy some nice glass. Possibly the DA18-135mm.  But I feel limited and would outgrow it fast.

Pentax K5- Everything I've read about this camera is excellent.  Its highly versatile its features still competitive, but is it too much camera for a photo enthusiast?

Pentax K30d- I've also read many good things about the 30d and how similar it is to the k5 but on the dpreview it recommends it for still photography, thoughts?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 30D Pentax K20D Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow