Any thing wrong with using AF-C permanently?

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
photoreddi Veteran Member • Posts: 6,924
Re: Oh come along now Mikey ....

Jostian wrote:

The reason I ask is cos with the D7100 and the Tamron 17 to 50mm SP F2.8, when I use centre focus (5 point) with AF-S I have as many out of focus as in Focus shots, not sure why, but with exactly the same settings and just changing the AF to AF-C I have every shot in focus, photographing the same objects from same angle with same lighting etc. And I have no idea why the difference? hence my question, could be an issue specifically with the Tamron not sure...

I bought a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 a couple of years ago but it focused erratically on my D300. Even mounted on a tripod and using the self timer, about 90% of the photos were either front focused or rear focused. I never thought to try using AF-C, so I returned it and bought Nikon's 17-55mm f/2.8 and got 100% perfectly focused photos. That's not to say that all Tamrons have this problem. Maybe we just got stuck with a couple of Tamron's out of spec. samples, aka lemons.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow