Can't achieve the same exposure as auto mode IN manual mode?? help!

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kim_Brutis New Member • Posts: 8
Can't achieve the same exposure as auto mode IN manual mode?? help!

Hi guys, I was experimenting with my DSLR today and was taking a pic of a lit up room while standing in a dark hallway (hope that makes sense). I've been forcing myself to shoot in manual mode so i tried to get the correct exposure but it wasnt happening. I got frustrated and tried taking the shot in auto mode and got a decent exposure. I had a look at the aperture/shutterspd/iso combination to see what the camera chose and replicated the settings in manual mode...i still didnt get the same exposure that I got in auto mode..it was underexposed. Am I missing something or going about this the wrong way?

I later tried again when I was sitting in my car (passenger seat) driving on the highway. The sun was going down and street lamps on. I shot in auto mode first to look at aperture/shutterspd/iso settings..replicated them in manual mode and the exposure wasnt the same...I just couldnt achieve the same effect using the same settings the camera chose in auto mode.

Any pointers here would be great!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow