Kit Lens for OMD EM-5: 14-42 or 12-50

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
skeys Veteran Member • Posts: 3,191
Jolly, you are neither this forums policeman, nor rule-maker.

You might notice there is no MOD flag by my name here. In this forum. I am nothing more than a DPR member when posting in this forum. For your enlightenment, though, it is not a moderator's job to educate new members about how to use the DPR forums, other than to advise posting by the Forums Rules, located here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum-rules .

Read those Forums Rules, Jolly, and explain exactly which Forums Rule requires members to perform a search, or peruse pages and pages of posts, prior to starting a thread.

If you, personally, find the threads in this, or other, forums confusing and messy, well, that's your problem with which you will have to deal. No one here can help solve that problem for you. Plus, there was/is no violation of Forums Rules.

If you find the plethora of threads here so egregious, there is a solution for you: The Forum Administrators encourage suggestions be sent to them via a feedback mechanism, located here: http://www.dpreview.com/members/feedback . I also encourage you to use the feedback mechanism. Perhaps, with your suggestions, the DPR Forums might one day become the lean, pristine place you seem to desire.

Back to my original question, which you completely ignored: "… why don't you point out all the threads on page 1 with a title asking which kit lens to choose, the 14-42 or the 12-50." Since you claim to be so helpful, perform your own search(es) to find the search term(s) which will precisely locate those threads with the same title as clee08's title and let us all know what search term(s) gave the proper results.  Also, peruse the pages of "… only a few days old threads …" which answer clee08's question and provide a list of those threads for us.

Oh, yeah, one more question for you, Jolly: How many pages of threads would you require a member to peruse before posting a new thread? 1, 2, 5, 9, 20?

Steve

-- hide signature --

My comments and opinions are my own. I am neither a staff member, nor a paid employee, of DPReview.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow